Dark or Light? Which do you prefer for default

• I try not to get too overly-involved in the styles a site uses, so long as there is a lighter option available. These old eyes of mine really don't get along too well with darker styles. One of the pitfalls of my advancing years, I suppose.

What style is this one, Antiquark, perhaps? I never could quite understand why it was coded to make user avatars appear to be breaking out of the user info container. It kind of strips away the definition between what is actually user info and what is actually post content. And I can't seem to wrap my head around the reasoning behind it.
  • I try not to get too overly-involved in the styles a site uses, so long as there is a lighter option available. These old eyes of mine really don't get along too well with darker styles. One of the pitfalls of my advancing years, I suppose.
    I agree. That's one of the reasons both the other styles are a light based. It's a little easier on my eyes but I had a few requests for a dark style.

What style is this one, Antiquark, perhaps? I never could quite understand why it was coded to make user avatars appear to be breaking out of the user info container. It kind of strips away the definition between what is actually user info and what is actually post content. And I can't seem to wrap my head around the reasoning behind it.

The dark is Quark and the light is AntiQuark (modified slightly).

It's just for a differences in the look. Most forums have the avatars in the postbit - it is to make it stand out from other styles and place the avatar a little closer to the actual message itself I guess. At first I didn't like it, but it's kind of grown on me and it also allows the postbit to be a "little" shorter (speaking of which I have to modify the style to put some info back in the postbit).
  • What style is this one, Antiquark, perhaps? I never could quite understand why it was coded to make user avatars appear to be breaking out of the user info container. It kind of strips away the definition between what is actually user info and what is actually post content. And I can't seem to wrap my head around the reasoning behind it.

I've moved the default over to Audentio's Drift now. I kind of like it better than Quark/Antiquark. Now I've got to recreate the dark version. I had it done but was talking on the phone with my mom about her doctors appointment to find out about surgery and inadvertently updated it with the Drift Dark .XML file... say bye-bye to the custom. I had a backup of the DB but I was wanting to do something different with what I had modded so now I HAVE to start over again.